MEDWAY — Principal Amy McDonald is pleased to announce that online registration for the McGovern Elementary School’s preschool and kindergarten programs begins today.
New this year, much of the registration process will take place online using Medway Public Schools’ portal, Infinite Campus. Parents are encouraged to start the registration process online, beginning today, in order to expedite the in-person registration process, which takes place at the end of March.
Kindergarten registration will be held Thursday, March 26 from 3:30-6 p.m. and Saturday, March 28 from 9 a.m. to noon. All Medway children who will reach the age of five on or before Aug. 31 are eligible to be registered to attend kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year.
The preschool lottery took place Tuesday, Feb. 25. For students who obtained a seat through the lottery process, preschool registration will also take place March 26 from 3:30-6 p.m. and March 28 from 9 a.m. to noon. If your child was added to the preschool wait list, you will not need to register at this time. Children must be three years old by Aug. 31 to enter the half-day preschool program and four years old by Aug. 31 to enter full-day preschool.
All registration sessions will take place at McGovern Elementary, 9 Lovering St.
The following records must be presented at the time of registration:
- Proof of residency (one of the following):
- Utility bill
- Signed Purchase and Sale (occupancy must take place within sixty (60) days)
- Current Tax Bill
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of most recent physical exam (must be within last year)
- An immunization record from the physician
- A copy of current 504/IEP plan (if applicable)
- Legal court documentation of guardianship (if applicable) – If divorced or separated, you will need to show legal or official court documentation indicating that you are the custodial parent and have physical custody of your child.
- Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application (if applicable)
At the in-person registration, staff will verify all documents or take copies of paper documents and schedule a kindergarten screening appointment to take place in May. Representatives from administration and after school programs, as well as the school nurse will be available to answer questions.
As much as possible, families whose last names are in the A-M range are encouraged to attend the March 26 event, and families whose last names are in the N-Z range are encouraged to attend the March 28 event.
Parents or guardians who have questions about the registration process can call 508-533-3243 or visit McGovern’s website.